Apr 17th, 2021
The Delphi Podcast Host and GP of Delphi Ventures Tom Shaughnessy and DV MP Yan Liberman host an expert group for a fun and exciting conversation on Thorchain’s Multi-Chain Chaosnet Launch. Thorchain now enables real, trustless, non-wrapped exchange of assets, cross chain. Guests Include:
- Chad Barraford: Technical Lead At Thorchain
- Erik Voorhees: Founder of Shapeshift
- Yan Liberman: MP at Delphi Ventures
- Tushar Jain: MP of Multicoin Capital
- Rob Paone: Founder Proof of Talent
- Michael Perklin: Chief Information Security Officer of ShapeShift.com
- Jon: Co-Founder and former COO of ShapeShift.com
- Tyler Reynolds: Angel Investor and Founder of HackalertIO
Delphi Ventures and members of the team are long $RUNE.
We would like to thank Cosmos for making this podcast possible through their sponsorship! Cosmos is on a mission, link one million blockchains. Name brand projects like Terra, Band, Kava, and Secret use Cosmos and the Cosmos Hub to connect to every other chain in our network. The Cosmos Hub is the port city that delivers Inter-Blockchain Communication today. Learn more at cosmos.network.
Every Delphi Podcast is dropped first as a video interview for Delphi Digital Subscribers. Our members also have access to full interview transcripts. Join today to get our interviews, first.
(1:57) - (First Question) Jon's Background.
(2:14) - Michael's Background.
(2:45) - Erik's Background.
(3:36) - Rob's Background.
(4:09) - Chad's Bakground.
(4:31) - Yan's Background.
(4:44) - Tushar's Background.
(5:10) - What is Thorchain / Impact of the multichain launch.
(6:35) - How does Thorchain work with ShapeShift.
(9:36) - Tushar and Michael thoughts on Thorchain.
(13:54) - Chad thoughts on multichain launch.
(16:43) - Overview of the different stages that THORChain has been in.
(21:18) - RUNE’s token.
(28:34) - How the validators work.
(32:46) - Use of the Cosmos SDK for Thorchain / Benefits.
(40:27) - Difference between how Thorchain liquidity pools work and how Atomic swaps work.
(44:33) - Thoughts on Wrapped Assets.
(54:17) - Thoughts on Thorchain in the future.
(01:00:39) - Chad’s thoughts on Yield Farming.
(01:02:40) - The project Decentralizing the Community / Timeline / Who takes over.
(01:22:00) - Thorschain's biggest competition.
(01:29:10) - Closing thoughts.
- Tom’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/Shaughnessy119
- Delphi Podcast Twitter: https://twitter.com/PodcastDelphi
- Tom’s Clubhouse: https://www.joinclubhouse.com/@toms119
- Our Video interviews Can Be Viewed Here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Yy99ZlQIX9-PdG_xHj43Q
- Access Delphi's Research Here: https://www.delphidigital.io/
Disclosures: This podcast is strictly informational and educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any tokens or securities or to make any financial decisions. Do not trade or invest in any project, tokens, or securities based upon this podcast episode. The host may personally own tokens that are mentioned on the podcast. Lets Talk Bitcoin is a distribution partner for the Chain Reaction Podcast, and our current show features paid sponsorships which may be featured at the start, middle, and/or the end of the episode. These sponsorships are for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to use any product, service or token. Delphi’s transparency page can be viewed here.
- Cosmos by From The Dust | https://soundcloud.com/ftdmusic
- Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.com
- Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License