Jan 21st, 2021
Notional is a protocol on Ethereum that facilitates fixed rate, fixed-term lending and borrowing of crypto-assets via a novel financial primitive called fCash. Fixed rate financing touches all corners of the modern financial markets. The majority of US debt is issued at fixed interest rates because they provide certainty and minimize risk for market participants. Notional brings this capability to the decentralized financial system on Ethereum and gives crypto users that same access to stable financing.
The full interview transcript is available below the video!
Every Delphi Podcast is dropped first as a video interview for Delphi Digital Subscribers. Our members also have access to full interview transcripts. Join today to get our interviews, first.
(1:17) – (First Question) - Teddy’s Background.
(3:11) – Jeff’s Background.
(6:02) – Notional Finance Elevator Pitch.
(8:33) – Key Differences between Notional Finance and other competitors.
(11:50) – Rates / Collateralization Walkthrough.
(14:42) – Thoughts about liquidity Fragmentation.
(16:23) – The Collateralization Framework.
(18:01) – Insights about DEV / Smart Contracts.
(22:55) – How Notional affects DeFi.
(26:34) – Will Notional attract Traditional Investors.
(28:24) – What’s on the roadmap for Notional Finance.
(29:56) – Notional vs. Compound?
(33:09) – Notional Finance Team.
(34:00) – Does Notional need a Community.
(36:10) – How does the model work (to earn money).
(36:49) – Where to find Notional Finance.
- Cosmos by From The Dust | https://soundcloud.com/ftdmusic
- Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.com
- Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License
- Teddy’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/teddywoodward
- Jeff’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/wuprotocol
- Notional Finance: https://notional.finance
- Tom's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Shaughnessy119
- Delphi Podcast Twitter: https://twitter.com/PodcastDelphi
- Our Video interviews Can Be Viewed Here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Yy99ZlQIX9-PdG_xHj43Q
- Access Delphi's Research Here: https://www.delphidigital.io/
Disclosures: This podcast is strictly informational and educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any tokens or securities or to make any financial decisions. Do not trade or invest in any project, tokens, or securities based upon this podcast episode. The host may personally own tokens that are mentioned on the podcast. Lets Talk Bitcoin is a distribution partner for the Chain Reaction Podcast, and our current show features paid sponsorships which may be featured at the start, middle, and/or the end of the episode. These sponsorships are for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to use any product or service. Delphi’s transparency page can be viewed here.