Apr 13th, 2021
Arweave is a new type of storage that backs data with sustainable and perpetual endowments, allowing users and developers to truly store data forever – for the very first time.
As a collectively owned hard drive that never forgets, Arweave allows us to remember and preserve valuable information, apps, and history indefinitely. By preserving history, it prevents others from rewriting it.
We would like to thank Cosmos for making this podcast possible through their sponsorship! Cosmos is on a mission, link one million blockchains. Name brand projects like Terra, Band, Kava, and Secret use Cosmos and the Cosmos Hub to connect to every other chain in our network. The Cosmos Hub is the port city that delivers Inter-Blockchain Communication today. Learn more at cosmos.network.
Every Delphi Podcast is dropped first as an audio interview for Delphi Digital Subscribers. Our members also have access to full interview transcripts. Join today to get our interviews, first.
(1:45) - (First Question) Sam's Background.
(2:55) - Arweave's Elevator Pitch.
(6:01) - What incentivized Sam to start Arweave.
(8:07) - Arweave Use Cases.
(13:26) - Endowments / Payment Structure.
(20:27) - Thoughts on Spora.
(23:59) - How Sam envisions Arweave in 25, 50 years.
(35:35) - Arweave, a profit-sharing community.
(39:06) - Thoughts on dealing with illegal content.
(44:20) - How does Arweave handle NFTs.
(47:01) - Thoughts on Arweave in blockchain projects.
(51:37) - The most unforeseen positive & negative event that Sam has overcome.
- Sam’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/samecwilliams
- Arweave: https://www.arweave.org/
- Tom’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/Shaughnessy119
- Can’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/CannnGurel
- Delphi Podcast Twitter: https://twitter.com/PodcastDelphi
- Tom’s Clubhouse: https://www.joinclubhouse.com/@toms119
- Our Video interviews Can Be Viewed Here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Yy99ZlQIX9-PdG_xHj43Q
- Access Delphi's Research Here: https://www.delphidigital.io/
Disclosures: This podcast is strictly informational and educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any tokens or securities or to make any financial decisions. Do not trade or invest in any project, tokens, or securities based upon this podcast episode. The host may personally own tokens that are mentioned on the podcast. Lets Talk Bitcoin is a distribution partner for the Chain Reaction Podcast, and our current show features paid sponsorships which may be featured at the start, middle, and/or the end of the episode. These sponsorships are for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to use any product, service or token. Delphi’s transparency page can be viewed here.
- Cosmos by From The Dust | https://soundcloud.com/ftdmusic
- Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.com
- Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License