Nov 12th, 2018
John Quinn, the Co-founder and Chief Revenue Officer at StorJ joins host Tom Shaughnessy to discuss the decentralized storage provider.
- Decentralized (StorJ, Sia, Filecoin, Maidsafe) vs Centralized storage providers (AWS, Azure)
- How StorJ is more focused on competing with centralized cloud providers over its decentralized peers.
- What's new in the comprehensive StorJ Version 3.0 White Paper (90+ pages).
- How the StorJ platform works, metrics so far (100 petabytes stored globally).
- StorJ's token dynamics.
- Why decentralized storage is needed since mass data can not be stored on-chain.
- What the future holds for decentralized storage and StorJ
- StorJ's timeline (2Q18 full launch for V3)
- Why uptime for nodes on StorJ is more important than bandwidth speed or storage capacity.
Follow StorJ on Twitter @storjproject
Follow John on Twitter @StorjQ
StorJ Blog on Security and Encryption
Follow Tom on Twitter @Shaughnessy119
51percent's Institutional Crypto Podcasts are to the point discussions with crypto leaders for analysts, funds and institutions. Make sure to add your email on 51pct.io
Disclosure: Tom Shaughnessy owns tokens in ETH, MKR, ZRX, HYDRO, CVC, POLY and GLA and has no stake in StorJ. This podcast is NOT investment advice and is only informational. Do not make investment decisions based upon this podcast. 51percent a----more----
Advertisers: To advertise on this podcast, email Tom@51pct.io
Potential Guests: If you're interested in appearing on the podcast, email Tom@51pct.io