Jan 6th, 2020
Host Tom Shaughnessy talks to Akin Sawyerr a Strategy and Governance Lead for Decred. Akin discusses getting involved with the Decred platform, governance, and community-building.
- Decred is unique for its transparent, token-holder led governance.
- A community mindset of searching for the best solution to a problem increases transparency and decreases contention.
- Decred wants to build incrementally and develop iteratively in order to maintain a strong community and culture.
- Africa is the most expensive area to move money. The free, open-source tech isn’t the issue, but the government network.
- Anyone in Decred’s network can propose, vote on, and debate ideas and feedback.
- There are pitfalls to token-holder governance, which is why Bitcoin doesn’t have it, but Akin sees it as giving the people with economic stake in the network and a stake in governance.
- Decred is working towards being a DAO, and using their cryptocurrency Politeia and technology built for Politeia in new implementations and new use cases.
- Decred is one of the only cryptocurrencies that hasn’t had a major PR scandal or problem arise.
- Decred’s biggest goals looking forward are to launch lightning support and a split-ticketing system.
- Akin believes Decred isn’t in the top 10 coins because it requires a bit of a learning and participation curve to get involved.
- Decred has the highest voter turnout for governance issues of all cryptos.
- Decred has a consistent philosophy about their protocols, down to having a constitution
- Delphi Digital's Research
- Chain Reaction Twitter
- Tom Shaughnessy Twitter
- Decred website
- Decred chat
- Decred Twitter
- Akin Sawyerr Twitter
- Decred’s Co-Founder Jake Yocom-Piatt: Governance-First Crypto Aims to Challenge Bitcoin
- Noah Pierau on Blockchain Governance: Decred, Bitcoin, Dash, Ethereum
Support The Show:
- $50 Off A Helium Hotspot
- Visit Delta Exchange For A $10 Welcome Bonus!
- Check out eToro to Create Your Perfect Crypto Portfolio
Disclosures: This podcast is strictly informational and educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any tokens or securities or to make any financial decisions. Do not trade or invest in any project, tokens, or securities based upon this podcast episode. The host may personally own tokens that are mentioned on the podcast. Tom Shaughnessy owns tokens in ETH, BTC, XTZ, STX, SNX, RUNE, sUSD and HNT. Lets Talk Bitcoin is a distribution partner for the Chain Reaction Podcast, and our current show features paid sponsorships which may be featured at the start, middle and/or the end of the episode. These sponsorships are for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to use any product or service.
Cosmos by From The Dust | https://soundcloud.com/ftdmusic
Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.com
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License