Chain Reaction Hosts Tom Shaughnessy and Medio Demarco host Joey Santoro, the founder and architect of FEI protocol. This is the third episode in our algorithmic stablecoin series. Joey talks through the creation of FEI, direct incentives for reducing and increasing supply, protocol controlled value, direct incentives, and much more.
Our other episodes in this series
Every Delphi Podcast is dropped first as a video interview for Delphi Digital Subscribers. Our members also have access to full interview transcripts. Join today to get our interviews, first.
(1:19) – (First Question) - Joey’s Background and what brought him to Crypto.
(2:16) – Main Issues with Decentralized Stablecoins.
(5:31) – FEI Elevator Pitch.
(8:37) – Differences on Seniorage collateralized model / FEI.
(10:50) – What happens when FEI goes sub $1.
(17:37) – FEI Reweight Steps / Liquidity Benefits.
(20:17) – FEI vs. FRAX.
(23:35) – The Tribe governance token.
(29:01) – How Tribe be released to the world.
(33:08) – FEI, building confidence and expectations.
(35:24) – Thoughts about FEI’s ability to scale supply fast but also maintain a very close price to it's peg.
(39:41) – FEI Biggest Risks.
(44:47) – How much could FEI police the Direct Incentive.
(47:06) – Thoughts about the possible impacts of other stablecoin communities enhancing projects.
(49:58) – Benefits of not being an anonymous founder.
(52:07) – Where to find Joey Santoro / FEI.
The full interview transcript is available here.
- Cosmos by From The Dust | https://soundcloud.com/ftdmusic
- Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.com
- Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License
- Do’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/d0h0k1
- Terra Site: https://terra.money/
- Mirror Site: https://mirror.finance/
- Anchor Site: https://anchorprotocol.com/
- Jonathan’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/JonathanErlichL
- Delphi Podcast Twitter: https://twitter.com/PodcastDelphi
- Our Video interviews Can Be Viewed Here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Yy99ZlQIX9-PdG_xHj43Q
- Access Delphi’s Research Here: https://www.delphidigital.io/
Disclosures: This podcast is strictly informational and educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any tokens or securities or to make any financial decisions. Do not trade or invest in any project, tokens, or securities based upon this podcast episode. The host may personally own tokens that are mentioned on the podcast. Lets Talk Bitcoin is a distribution partner for the Chain Reaction Podcast, and our current show features paid sponsorships which may be featured at the start, middle, and/or the end of the episode. These sponsorships are for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to use any product or service. Delphi’s transparency page can be viewed here.