Dec 31st, 2020
Chain Reaction Host Tom Shaughnessy hosts Dan Elitzer: Co-Founder of Nascent and previously of IDEOVC and Lewis Freiberg, an Independent Developer to discuss Empty Set Dollar. This is the first in a series of podcasts on Algorithmic stablecoins. The trio discuss ESD’s creation, technicals around expansion/contraction of supply, competition, risks and much more.
Every Delphi Podcast is dropped first as a video interview for Delphi Digital Subscribers. Our members also have access to full interview transcripts. Join today to get our interviews, first.
Thank you to our sponsor LVL, which is launching the first free Bitcoin exchange in North America. Users buy and sell Bitcoin with no trading fees or hidden spreads. Visit them at lvl.co/btcmedia
(2:08) – (First Question) - Dan Elitzer and Lewis Freiberg Background.
(3:35) – Empty Set Dollar (ESD) Elevator Pitch.
(4:31) – Why ESD was so high above the PEG.
(8:22) – Collateralized and Centralized Stablecoins main Issues.
(10:23) – ESD’s role in DEFI apps.
(12:47) – How ESD expands supply.
(18:44) – Will ESD will get to a point where people will be debating every week on what the supply should be expanded?
(20:40) – Incentive to get ESD above $1.
(28:31) – Insights about Supply Lockups.
(31:41) – Is there a point where the majority of the Supply will be circulating.
(33:57) – Differences on speculators wanting to get involved / Issuance Risks.
(36:53) – Debt computed under $1 Walkthrough.
(39:01) – Insights about ESD as a Long Term Investor.
(43:28) – Why is ESD better than other Stablecoins.
(46:56) – Thoughts about Development Teams.
(49:17) – Where to find Dan and Lewis.
- Cosmos by From The Dust | https://soundcloud.com/ftdmusic
- Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.com
- Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License
- Dan’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/delitzer
- Lewis’ Twitter: https://twitter.com/LewisFreiberg
- ESD Tools: https://esd.tools/
- ESD Site: https://app.emptyset.finance/#/
- Tom’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/Shaughnessy119
- Delphi Podcast Twitter: https://twitter.com/PodcastDelphi
- Our Video interviews Can Be Viewed Here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Yy99ZlQIX9-PdG_xHj43Q
- Access Delphi’s Research Here: https://www.delphidigital.io/
Disclosures: This podcast is strictly informational and educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any tokens or securities or to make any financial decisions. Do not trade or invest in any project, tokens, or securities based upon this podcast episode. The host may personally own tokens that are mentioned on the podcast. Lets Talk Bitcoin is a distribution partner for the Chain Reaction Podcast, and our current show features paid sponsorships which may be featured at the start, middle, and/or the end of the episode. These sponsorships are for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to use any product or service. Delphi’s transparency page can be viewed here.