Host Tom Shaughnessy of 51pct.io is joined by Gregory Rocco and Jacob Blish, two token designers and engineers as ConsenSys' Alpine Spoke. The conversation covers everything from the use cases and design of utility tokens, to designing for governance and positive incentives and even token doomsday scenarios.
Sign up for 51pct.io using coupon code "Token" for 20% of for the next 24 hours.
Topics covered include
- How the two design tokens for crypto projects
- How to decide which projects actually need a token
- The use cases of tokens (payments, voting, work, and representative) tokens.
- Why we don't need so many utility tokens, we can just use Ethereum.
- Convincing enterprises why shared infrastructure through token usage is the future, and convincing them how to use work tokens.
- Why Brave doesn't need its BAT token
- 0x Project and MakerDAO token dynamics
- The idea of futility tokens, and how projects that issued tokens that don't need them will pivot.
- designing tokens that offer real foundational governance
- How to design token governance the right way
- Doomsday scenarios; how changes to the base protocol of blockchains can negatively impact all of the decentralized applications and smart contracts built on top of it.
- We also detail Rocco's posts; The Death of Decentralization (the buzzword).
- How to design for decentralization
- Debating whether a project having a centralized leader is a good thing or a bad thing
- How to handle token voting.